WeddingDay Magazine is committed to protecting our customers’ privacy and the information you provide to us through our website. This policy has been adopted to clarify how we use the information collected on our website and under what circumstances we may disclose information to third parties.
You may choose to provide information about yourself to us for the purpose of:
- Requesting information from WeddingDay and our advertiser/sponsor partners.
- Subscribing to our products to receive news, updates, or information about our services.
- Entering a contest, sweepstakes, giveaway or promotion.
- Request to participate in an editorial feature in WeddingDay magazine, submit a personal photo to our inspiration gallery, or create a personal wedding planning page on weddingday-online.com.
We generally collect (2) types of information about you: (1) personally identifiable information, and (2) non-identifiable information.
1) Personally identifiable information includes name, address (email and mail), phone number, demographic information (age, gender, etc.) Generally, this information is not collected on our website visitors. We may request this information when conducting a contest, promotion, feature, survey, etc. Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, we may require that this information is provided in order to participate in that particular activity, take advantage of a special offer, or gain access to information available on our website. This information is used to carry out your requests and respond to your inquiries. This information may also be used to contact you later for a variety of reasons, such as follow up on a previous request or provide you with information you requested, to provide you with marketing or promotional information on our products. You may choose to opt-out from receiving future promotional information from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email client used to send the email, or direct that we not share your information with any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We reserve the right to send you email communication related to customer service.
2) Non-identifiable information includes any information that does not personally identify an individual. We may from time to time employ third party service providers to obtain non-personal information about you from information you provide us to enhance your experience with our products. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our website for analytical purposes such as source of website traffic, understand visitor trends, carry out targeted promotional activities and offers and improve website user experience.
Contests and Promotions
WeddingDay may offer contests, sweepstakes, and giveaways through our website that may require registration. By entering any of these, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, such as allowing the sponsors of the promotion access to your name, photo, and voice/video in advertising or marketing associated with the promotion. If you choose to enter a contest, sweepstakes, giveaway or other promotion, personally identifiable information may be disclosed to third parties or the general public in connection with the contest, sweepstakes, giveaway or other promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or the promotion’s official rules, such as a winner’s list.
Keeping your information secure
We make every effort to protect the information that is submitted to us, however, no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. It is important to be aware of the risks involved in submitting personal information to any website.
links to third parties
You will find links to our advertisers' websites on www.weddingday-online.com. We cannot be responsible for their content or for the information that a visitor shares with them. We recommend that you be exercise care and investigate these businesses before disclosing personal information to any third parties.
If you send someone a communication through our website, such as sending content to a friend, the information you provide (names, email addresses, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person; your email address, however, may be included in the communication sent.